28 June, 2010

New Officers for Semester 2

So two not particularly well-kept secrets are out. Jess is the new Chair of Arc, necessitating a new Women's Officer - from what I've heard, it'll be Kimberley Lowe. She's been around quite a bit this semester, and is Jess's preferred successor.

The other one is a bit more personal. Nick Atkins, one of the Queer Officers, is having to quite due to Honours and work pressures. He's asked me to step in for next semester. Now, I hadn't thought I'd ever return to SRC, but after thinking about it (and catching myself planning things), I decided I should give it another shot. It's only for one semester, and a fair bit of it will be talking to people about finding good qu'officers for next year.

So Squish continues to look like being the first Arc Queer Officer to serve a standard term the whole way through - my first started early, Vicki and Jocelyn only got officially made officers late, while all the others either quite early or took over part way through. An interesting record we have in this department.

No comments:

Post a Comment