26 June, 2010

Annual Dinner

As I predicted, and despite her nervous attempts to stop me from jinxing it, Jess Mobbs is the new Chair of Arc. Some might suspect me of bitterness, given she did after all beat me onto Board last year by less than one vote, but I'm quite happy. I think she'll do a sterling job as Chair.

In other news from the Arc Annual Dinner (held last night, and all involved are still recovering) is the news about the Heinz Harant Award. This is awarded to a student who has done exemplary volunteer work bettering student life at UNSW. It has something of a reputation of going to Yellow Shirts - the award used to be run by the Union, so it typically went to those involved in Union events.

It was awarded to two people this time round. Rachel Smith's been a Yellow Shirt for yonks, as well as doing other volunteer programs, revues and all sorts of other things.

The other winner broke the mould. Chris Moore is the first Guild-side winner for ages (possibly ever?). And it's just fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment