22 April, 2010

Arc Board

So I've quite clearly gone completely insane. I'm standing, again, for Arc Board.

Why? Well, I think I can help make Arc the student organisation UNSW deserves. It needs to be strong, and not terrified of the university. I don't think it is right now, but extra fortitude is never a bad thing.

So far I know there's at least one other Kenso undergrad candidate, Nat Karam. While she was at one point a member of the Liberals, she has split her ways with them, preferring to stand as an Indie.

There's also at least one Post-Grad candidate. If there's one and only one, then they'll be declared elected without contest due to the Board equity arrangements.
Similarly if there's one-and-only-one candidate from Cofa, they'll be elected without contest.

The mess is in Kenso undergards, and also potentially if there's more than one from PG/Cofa.

Further details will be posted as they emerge.

5pm: Apparently there are at least 4 UG Kenso candidates, 3 PG candidates, and no word on Cofa. Things are looking rather interesting, no?

Of the Kenso UG candidates, there's, well, me, plus Nat Karam as indicated above. The other two are apparently being backed by Amber Setchell of Unity - she miscounted the number of UG spots available, so put forward two instead of one.
This is a rumour at present, not confirmed. I haven't received any notice from the Returning Officer as to anyone's identity just yet.

2:30pm, Friday 23rd. Still no official word from the Returning Officer, but from what I've heard there's now 5 candidates in full. 3 UG Kenso, 2 PG. No-one from Cofa, so I imagine that nominations will be reopened for that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment