07 February, 2010

The Thinking Snake's Guide

So here I am, starting something that might just crash and burn in a few days. Or it might continue for a while. We'll see. My first serious attempt at a blog.

So, after two years, I'm no longer a member of the UNSW SRC. I've been a Tharunka editor, then an Office-bearer, and last year I did one last roll of the dice trying to get preselection for President. Obviously, that didn't happen. But it doesn't mean I'm not still involved, in my own way. I'm around a lot, I talk to various people, I get emailed documents that may or may not have been meant to be confidential.

Pretty much, I'm trying to clear the air somewhat on how student politics works. It's too important to leave to the student politicians. I'd love to see more and more people getting involved. Without having to be a member of any party or faction.

Since it's where I am, I'm mainly going to be looking at UNSW (the SRC, the coming Post-grad Council, plus also uni-based elections). I'll also do some commentary on the ever-changing bizarreness that is NUS, plus also quite possibly some things about what's going down at other unis.

I'm doing a bit of writing for Tharunka this year. Anything I write there will end up here as well, but after publication. (If an article gets rejected from there, it'll still end up here regardless).
Also, it should go without saying that this is all personal opinion, and some of it will get very personal. That, after all, is the point of this being a blog.

2 comments:

  1. No mention of me. I am no party. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll get there. Early days still.

    And anyway, you're a party all in yourself.

    ReplyDelete