08 February, 2010

ideas

I've got a few different ideas for what to write about in the next little while. So I thought I might as well see what people want to see (and, by-the-by, work out who's actually reading this).

1. 'What is a councillor?'

2. Explanation of the factions - where they come from, where they're going. Probably a series of posts.

3. 'what is a small-i'

4. looking at how the SRC fits into the overall Arc structure

5. looking back over the fiasco that was last year's NUS conference, then the various deals and collapses involved in the SGM. This one I'd like to leave a bit, see what else comes to light. Plus I would be very surprised if one of the Tharunka editors doesn't write about it themself.

6. explanation of the SRC election methodology - forming tickets, the process of voting, 'what is a valid vote' etc. Almost definitely a series of posts, way too big to fit into one.

7. The proposed Post-grad council - who's in favour, who's against, how the whole shebang is meant to work, and why it's all taken so long.

8. Anything else you'd like me to take a look at?

Let me know.

7 comments:

  1. I'm happy to give comment on the Postgrad Council, and would love to see people interested in it, though given 99% of your readers are undergrad I won't hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki: I'm sure I will end up doing all of these. Do you have a preference as to the first but?

    Georgie: If nothing else, I think it'd be great to spread the word some more (particularly with a certain Post-Grad Officer not doing that himself).

    I have had a request to look at 'councillor' as a concept as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok personally, options 2,4,3...

    But of course it will be good to hear about everything like you mentioned :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall be following this to see whether you eventually crash or crash through...

    Good luck Mister Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mister Mysterious: Well, thanks for the well-wishing. Though I would certainly hope that trying to raise the standard of behaviour through reporting isn't a 'crash or crash through' issue.

    Unless of course you suspect I have another motive for this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I neither do hope for it to be such an issue nor do I suspect you to have another motive for this. Like how you might yet be wondering who I am, its just that, truly so...

    ... life wasn't meant to be easy.

    Now looking forward to your new post Mister Thomas.

    ReplyDelete